Excursions in the county of Suffolk / comprising a brief historical and topographical delineation of every town and village : together with descriptions of the residences of the nobility and gentry, remains of antiquity, and every other interesting object of curiosity : forming a complete guide for the traveller and tourist : illustrated with one hundred engravings, including a map of the count.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, J. Greig ..., and P. Youngman, Witham and Maldon, Essex, 1818-1819.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : 1 front. (fold. map.) pl. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S9 C76 1818 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S9 C76 1818 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- SML,Y Bys 74c: T.-p. wanting.
Maps by Sidney Hall and Thomas Starling.
Plates by Thomas Higham, John Greig, Edward John Roberts, William Deeble, William Wallis, John Charles Varrall, Robert Acon, John Hawkesworth, John Webb, John Acon, and Thomas Barber; after John Sell Cotman, Thomas Higham, Joseph Clarendon Smith, Lady Jerningham and Henry Davy.
Added engraved t.p. with title that reads: Excursions through Suffolk.
Originally issued in numbers in the author's series Excursions through England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland. cf. DNB.
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 imperfect; letterpress t.p. and maps wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Earle, Maria Theresa -- Bookplate.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1818-1819.Greig, J. -- Publisher.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate (copy 2).Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Suffolk (England) -- Description and travel.Youngman, P. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Cromwell, Thomas, 1792-1870, Excursions in the county of Suffolk , 1818-1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.