Bruce, James, 1730-1794, Travels to discover the source of the Nile , 1790
Travels to discover the source of the Nile : in the years 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772, and 1773 ... / by James Bruce of Kinnaird ...
- Edinburgh : Printed by J. Ruthven, for G.G.J. and J. Robinson, 1790.
- Physical Description:
- 5 v. : ill., maps, plans ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT377 B88 1790+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT377 B88 1790+ Copy 2 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: British Art Center copy 1 formerly owned by James Bruce.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 was a presentation copy to Queen Charlotte, belonged to William Beckford, and has the bookplate of H.C. Drayton & J.R. Abbey.
Some plates engraved by James Heath; after Luigi Balugani and James Bruce. Maps in v. 5 engraved by John Walker.
Vol. 5 has title: Select specimens of natural history, collected in travels to discover the source of the Nile, in Egypt, Arabia, Abyssinia, and Nubia ...
- Subject Terms:
- Beckford, William, 1760-1844 -- Provenance.Bruce, James, 1730-1794 -- Bookplate.Charlotte, Queen, consort of George III, King of Great Britain, 1744-1818.Drayton, H. C. -- Bookplate.Egypt -- Description and travel.Ethiopia -- Description and travel.Ethiopia -- History.Natural history -- Ethiopia.Nile River.