Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, The two paths , 1859
- The two paths : being lectures on art, and its application to decoration and manufacture, delivered in 1858-9 / by John Ruskin ...
- London : Smith, Elder, & Co., 1859.
- Physical Description:
- x, 271 p., 2 leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7445.2 R9 1859Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates engraved by R.P. Cuff and James Charles Armytage; after John Ruskin.
Advertisements: 24 p. at end, dated May, 1859.
Bound in blind-stamped maroon publisher's cloth. Binder's ticket reads: Westleys and Co., London.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 90
- The deteriorative power of conventional art over nations -- The unity of art -- Modern manufacture and design -- The influence of imagination in architecture -- The work of iron, in nature, art and policy.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Art.Decoration and ornament.Decorative arts.Smith, Elder & Co. -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1859.Westleys and Co. -- Bookbinder.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.