The art of England : lectures given in Oxford / by John Ruskin ... during his second tenure of the Slade professorship.
- Orpington, Kent : George Allen, 1884.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pts. (292 p.) ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN6767 R9 1884Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Reference LibraryN6767 R9 1884 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- British Art Center copy in original parts, dated 1883-1884. In wrappers as issued.
BEIN Ruskin 884a Copy 1: Bound in one vol. Individual title pages bound in.
BEIN Ruskin 884a Copy 2: Imperfect: part 1 only, pts. 2-7 wanting. Original wrappers.
BEIN Tinker 1851: Bound in one vol.
BEIN Ruskin +884a: Imperfect: Pages 283-292 torn. In 7 pts. in case: 28 cm. "Publisher's notice" on half slip inserted at front in lecture VI. In original paper wrappers.
BEIN 2000 1747: Bound in one vol. 26 cm. Binder's stamp: Bound by Mansell, successor to Hayday.
BEIN 2000 +206: Original wrappers. Publisher's notice tipped in in pt. 6. Bookplate of pts. 1-5: James l'Anson.
First edition, in original parts as issued, each part with half- title, and with separate title-page not included in the paging, the last part including the general half-title, title-page (dated 1884), leaf of contents, and index.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 251
Tinker Library, 1851
- Subject Terms:
- Allen, George -- Publisher.Art -- Great Britain.Crew, M. A. -- Autograph.L'Anson, James -- Bookplate.Mansell -- Binding.
- Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Mansell.
- Realistic schools of painting : D. G. Rossetti and W. Holman Hunt
- Mythic schools of painting : E. Burne-Jones and G. F. Watts
- Classic schools of painting : Sir F. Leighton and Alma Tadema
- Fairy land : Mrs. Allingham and Kate Greenaway
- The fireside : John Leech and John Tenniel
- The hillside : George Robson and Copley Fielding
- Appendix and index
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.