Excursions in the county of Essex : comprising a brief historical and topographical delineation of every town and village : together with descriptions of the residences of the nobility and gentry, remains of antiquity and every other interesting object of curiosity ... : illustrated with one hundred engravings, including a map of the county.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, J. Greig ..., and P. Youngman, Witham and Maldon, Essex, 1818-1819.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., map, plan ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 E7 C76 1818 Copy 1View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 E7 C76 1818 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Sidney Hall, John Greig, John Charles Varrell, William Wallis, John Hawksworth, Edward John Roberts, Thomas Barber, Thomas Higham, William Deeble, Robert Acon, J. Barnett, Thomas Starling, Thomas Frazer Ranson, and John Webb; after John Sell Cotman, John Greig, William Wallis, Thomas Higham, Joseph Allen, Thomas Barber, Henry Gastineau, William Tombleson, William Deeble, T. Sheppard, and Humphrey Repton.
Added engraved t.p. reads: Excursions through Essex.
Originally issued in numbers, in the author's series: Excursions through England and Wales, Scotland and Ireland. cf. DNB
BAC: British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 is imperfect. letterpress t.p. and maps wanting and is 2 v. in 1.
- Subject Terms:
- Davison, Thomas -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1818-1819.Essex (England) -- Description and travel.Greig, J. -- Publisher.Hunnewell, James Frothingham, 1832-1910 -- Bookplate.King, Benjamin Giles -- Bookplate.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Publisher.Youngman, P. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Cromwell, Thomas, 1792-1870, Excursions in the county of Essex , 1818-1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.