IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Origins of museums , c1985
The Origins of museums : the cabinet of curiosities in sixteenth- and seventeenth century Europe / edited by Oliver Impey and Arthur MacGregor.
- Oxford : Clarendon Press ; c1985.
New York : Oxford University Press, c1985.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 335 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryAM342 O75 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Based on papers delivered at an international symposium held in July 1983 to celebrate the tercentenary of the Ashmolean Museum.
Bibliography: p. -312.
- Subject Terms:
- Collectors and collecting -- Europe -- History.Museums -- Europe -- History.