The Origins of museums : the cabinet of curiosities in sixteenth- and seventeenth century Europe / edited by Oliver Impey and Arthur MacGregor.
- Oxford : Clarendon Press ; c1985.
New York : Oxford University Press, c1985.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 335 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryAM342 O75 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Based on papers delivered at an international symposium held in July 1983 to celebrate the tercentenary of the Ashmolean Museum.
Bibliography: p. -312.
- Subject Terms:
- Collectors and collecting -- Europe -- History.Museums -- Europe -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
The Origins of museums , c1985