The Origins of museums , c1985
- The Origins of museums : the cabinet of curiosities in sixteenth- and seventeenth century Europe / edited by Oliver Impey and Arthur MacGregor.
- Oxford : Clarendon Press ; c1985.
New York : Oxford University Press, c1985.
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 335 p.,  p. of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryAM342 O75 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Based on papers delivered at an international symposium held in July 1983 to celebrate the tercentenary of the Ashmolean Museum.
Bibliography: p. -312.
- Subject Terms:
- Collectors and collecting -- Europe -- History.Museums -- Europe -- History.