Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, Aratra Pentelici , 1872
- Aratra Pentelici : six lectures on the elements of sculpture, given before the University of Oxford in Michaelmas Term, 1870 / by John Ruskin ...
- London : Printed for the author by Smith, Elder & Co. ..., and sold by Mr. G. Allen, Heathfield Cottage, Keston, Kent, 1872.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 207 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNB1140 R8 1872Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Steel engraving by George Allen; after John Ruskin. Other plates are autotypes (cf. Preface, p. viii-ix)
Added t.p. reads: The works of John Ruskin ... vol. III
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 187
- Preface -- Of the division of the arts -- Idolatry -- Imagination -- Likeness -- Structure -- The School of Athens
- Subject Terms:
- %PRIN Smith, Elder and Co. -- Printer.Allen, George -- Publisher.Jeens, Charles Henry, 1827-1879 -- Pres. insc. from John Ruskin, 1872.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900 -- Pres. insc. to Charles Henry Jeens, 1872.Sculpture.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1872.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.