Antiquities of London and its environs / engraved and published by John Thomas Smith ; dedicated to Sir James Winter Lake ... ; containing views of houses, monuments, statues, and other curious remains of antiquity engraved from original drawings, communicated by several members of the Society of Antiquaries ; with remarks and references to the historical works of Pennant, Lysons, Stowe, Weaver, Camden, Maitland, &c.
- London : T. Sewell, R. Faulder, T. Simco [and 4 others], 1791-.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill., ports. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 70Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 70Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Plates by John Thomas Smith and Benjamin Green; after John Thomas Smith, Benjamin Green, William Marlow, and Wenceslaus Hollar.
British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 has the variant engraved t.p. that reads: Antiquities of London and environs ... (cf. Adams) and is incomplete with only  leaves.
Plates dated 1791-1800.
The "remarks and references" are very brief and engraved with the plates.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 70
- Subject Terms:
- Chron. -- 1791-1800.Faulder, R. -- Publisher.London (England) -- Antiquities.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Manson, J. -- Publisher.Molteno and Colnaghi -- Publisher.Sewell, T. -- Publisher.Simco, T. -- Publisher.Smith, Nathaniel & Edmonton -- Publisher.
- Soft-ground etchings -- 1791-1800.
Aquatints -- 1791-1800.
Engravings -- 1791-1800.
Stipple engravings -- 1791-1800.
Etchings -- 1791-1800.
YCBA Collections Search
Smith, John Thomas, 1766-1833, Antiquities of London and its environs , 1791-
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.