Roscoe, William, 1753-1831, The life of Lorenzo de' Medici, called the Magnificent , 1795
The life of Lorenzo de' Medici, called the Magnificent / by William Roscoe.
- Liverpool : Printed by J. M'Creery, and sold by J. Edwards, London, 1795.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., ports. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDG437.9 R6 1795Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2000 +31: Presentation inscription from the author to "Wm. Lyon Esqr." on half-title of v. 1; ms. note on free front endpaper of v. 1: E.T. Mason Feb. 1877; Bought at the Hastu-Tracy sale $3.25; Autograph of Wm. Lyon Esqr. Grays Inn on label on front pastedown of v. 1.; ms. note signed "Robert Balmamio[?]" on half-title verso of v. 1. 28 cm.
BEIN 2000 +28: Presentation inscription "to the Right Rev. Thomas Burgess ... Lord Bishop of Salisbury, president, and to the vice-presidents and Council of the Royal Society of Literature this first edition ... (of which only twenty copies were printed) is respectfully presented by the author;" bookplate: Royal Society of Literature. 30 cm.
BAC DG437.9 R6 1795: Bookplate of Frederick James Osbaldston Montagu.
Illustrations drawn and engraved by Matthew Haughton.
"Poesie del magnifico Lorenzo de' Medici, tratte da testi a penna della Libreria Mediceo-Laurenziana": 111 p. at end of v.2
Hazen, A.T. Catalogue of Horace Walpole's library, no. 3703
- Subject Terms:
- Balmamio, Robert -- Ms. notes.Burgess, Thomas, 1756-1837 -- Presentation inscription from W. Roscoe.Davy, Colin, Mrs. -- Ownership.Edwards, J. -- Publisher.Edwards, Mr. -- Binding.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1795.Florence (Italy) -- History.Kirgate, Thomas, 1734-1810 -- Ms. notes.Liverpool (England) -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1795.Lyon, William -- Autograph.Lyon, William -- Presentation inscription from W. Roscoe.M'Creery, J. -- Printer.Mason, E. T. -- Autograph.Mason, E. T. -- Ms. notes.Medici, Lorenzo de', 1449-1492.Montagu, Frederick James Osbaldston, 1878-1957 -- Bookplate.Roscoe, William, 1753-1831 -- Presentation inscription to T. Burgess and the vice-presidents and council of the Royal Society of Literature.Roscoe, William, 1753-1831 -- Presentation inscription to W. Lyon.Roscoe, William, 1753-1831 -- Presentations inscription to H. Walpole.Royal Society of Literature (Great Britain) -- Bookplate.Royal Society of Literature (Great Britain) -- Presentation inscription from W. Roscoe.Shipley, Penelope -- Presentation Inscription from P. Warren.Stipple engraving -- Specimens -- 1795.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Binding.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Bookplate.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Ownership.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Presentations inscription from W. Roscoe.Warren, Pelham -- Presentation inscription to P. Shipley.
- Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
Annotations (Provenance) -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.