IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Nichols, Francis, 18th cent, The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour , 1726
The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour : containing the descents, marriages, issue, titles, posts, and seats of all the nobility of England ... : likewise, the institution, creation and investiture of all degrees of peerage, and the several orders of knighthood.
- The sixth edition, with many additions and amendments.
- London : Printed by R. Nutt and sold by A. Bettesworth ..., G. Strahan ..., and D. Browne ..., 1726.
- Physical Description:
- , 120, 544,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill., coats of arms ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS421 N6 1726View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BEIR Bb35 17f: Autograph of E. E. Wilson
Dedication signed: Francis Nichols.
Published as v.1 of The British compendium.
Plates printed on both sides.
- Subject Terms:
- Bettesworth, A. -- Publisher.Browne, D. -- Publisher.England -- Peerage.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1726.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Nobility -- Great Britain.Nutt, R. -- Printer.Strahan, G. -- Publisher.Wilson, E. E. -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.