Nichols, Francis, 18th cent, The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour , 1726
- The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour : containing the descents, marriages, issue, titles, posts, and seats of all the nobility of England ... : likewise, the institution, creation and investiture of all degrees of peerage, and the several orders of knighthood.
- The sixth edition, with many additions and amendments.
- London : Printed by R. Nutt and sold by A. Bettesworth ..., G. Strahan ..., and D. Browne ..., 1726.
- Physical Description:
- , 120, 544,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill., coats of arms ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS421 N6 1726Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIR Bb35 17f: Autograph of E. E. Wilson
Dedication signed: Francis Nichols.
Published as v.1 of The British compendium.
Plates printed on both sides.
- Subject Terms:
- Bettesworth, A. -- Publisher.Browne, D. -- Publisher.England -- Peerage.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1726.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Nobility -- Great Britain.Nutt, R. -- Printer.Strahan, G. -- Publisher.Wilson, E. E. -- Autograph.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.