IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Nichols, Francis, 18th cent, The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour , 1729
The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour : containing the origin of the Scots, and succession of their kings for above 2000 years : also, the titles, descents, marriages, intermarriages, issue, posts, and seats of all the Scottish nobility, with their robes and arms ... : together with an account of the Knights of the Thistle and Nova Scotia, the regalia and arms of Scotland, and the riding of Parliaments.
- The third edition, with an addition of 140 pages.
- London : Printed by R. Nutt, for A. Bettesworth ... : Sold also by G. Strahan and J. Clarke ..., D. Browne ..., J. Stagg and J. Jackson ..., 1729.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 520 [i.e. 490],  p.,  leaf of plates : ill., coats of arms, map ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS468 N6 1729View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC : British Art Center copy incomplete: v.1 wanting
Dedication signed: Francis Nichols.
Published as v.2 of The British compendium.
Plates are printed mainly on both sides.
- Subject Terms:
- Bettesworth, A. -- Publisher.Browne, D. -- Publisher.Clarke, J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1729.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Jackson, J. -- Publisher.Nobility -- Great Britain.Nutt, R. -- Printer.Scotland -- Peerage.Stagg, J. -- Publisher.Strahan, G. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.