The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour : containing the origin of the Scots, and succession of their kings for above 2000 years : also, the titles, descents, marriages, intermarriages, issue, posts, and seats of all the Scottish nobility, with their robes and arms ... : together with an account of the Knights of the Thistle and Nova Scotia, the regalia and arms of Scotland, and the riding of Parliaments.
- The third edition, with an addition of 140 pages.
- London : Printed by R. Nutt, for A. Bettesworth ... : Sold also by G. Strahan and J. Clarke ..., D. Browne ..., J. Stagg and J. Jackson ..., 1729.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 520 [i.e. 490],  p.,  leaf of plates : ill., coats of arms, map ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS468 N6 1729Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center copy incomplete: v.1 wanting
Dedication signed: Francis Nichols.
Published as v.2 of The British compendium.
Plates are printed mainly on both sides.
- Subject Terms:
- Bettesworth, A. -- Publisher.Browne, D. -- Publisher.Clarke, J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1729.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Jackson, J. -- Publisher.Nobility -- Great Britain.Nutt, R. -- Printer.Scotland -- Peerage.Stagg, J. -- Publisher.Strahan, G. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Nichols, Francis, 18th cent, The British compendium, or, Rudiments of honour , 1729
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.