IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The geographical guide , 1805
The geographical guide : a poetical nautical trip round the island of Great-Britain : with entertaining and illustrative notes, in prose, descriptive of its principal ports, havens, rivers, creeks, and inlets, cities, towns, forts, and mountains ... and a particular description of the general appearance of the country, as viewed from the sea.
- London : Printed for J. Harris ..., 1805.
- Physical Description:
- , 69,  p.,  leaf of plates : ill., map ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 G46 1805Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Bound in boards with printed label on front cover that reads: The geographical guide, or, A nautical trip around the island of Great Britain : for the instruction & amusement of youth.
Attributed to James Bisset.
Osborne Collection of early children's books, 1566-1910, p. 804
- Subject Terms:
- Cundee, J. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Juvenile poetry.Harris, J. -- Publisher.
- Wood engravings -- 1805.
Engravings -- 1805.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.