Harlequin's invasion : a new pantomine [sic]. Book 4.
- London : Robt. Sayer ..., 1770.
- Physical Description:
- 1 folded leaf ( p.) : ill. ; 19 x 32 cm. folded to 19 x 8 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 H34 1770Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Illustrations are hand-colored.
A harlequinade, or turn-up book; each fold of the leaf has two overslips.
Source of this harlequinade was apparently the pantomime of same name by David Garrick.
Muir, P. English children's books, p. 204-210; plate 93.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1770.Pantomimes.Sayer, Robert -- Publisher.
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.