A touch at the fine arts : illustrated by twelve plates, with descriptions / by Henry Alken.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, Repository of Wit and Humour, No. 26, Haymarket, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 12 leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1763.A65 A4 1824 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1763.A65 A4 1824 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations are colored soft-ground etchings after Henry Thomas Alken.
"Spoting, and highly amusing works and prints, of a superior class and novel kind, lately published by Thomas M'Lean ...":  leaf at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original pink printed boards.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in publisher's original pink printed boards, with red roan (?) back and corners.
"An attempt to elucidate, by graphic delineations, a variety of terms generally and perhaps exclusively made use of by artists, amateurs, connoisseurs, virtuosos, and the like ...."--Preface.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics -- Anecdotes.Art -- Caricatures and cartoons.Art criticism -- Anecdotes.Painting -- Anecdotes.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.