Alken, Henry Thomas, 1784-1851, A touch at the fine arts , 1824
- A touch at the fine arts : illustrated by twelve plates, with descriptions / by Henry Alken.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, Repository of Wit and Humour, No. 26, Haymarket, 1824.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves, 12 leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1763.A65 A4 1824 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1763.A65 A4 1824 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "An attempt to elucidate, by graphic delineations, a variety of terms generally and perhaps exclusively made use of by artists, amateurs, connoisseurs, virtuosos, and the like ...."--Preface.
Illustrations are colored soft-ground etchings after Henry Thomas Alken.
"Spoting, and highly amusing works and prints, of a superior class and novel kind, lately published by Thomas M'Lean ...":  leaf at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original pink printed boards.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in publisher's original pink printed boards, with red roan (?) back and corners.
- Subject Terms:
- Aesthetics -- Anecdotes.Art -- Caricatures and cartoons.Art criticism -- Anecdotes.Painting -- Anecdotes.
- Soft-ground etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1824.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.