IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Leighton, John, 1822-1912, The royal picture alphabet, 
The royal picture alphabet.
- London : Ward and Lock ..., .
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (col.) ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPZ8.3 L44 1846Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations engraved by Henry Leighton; after John Leighton.
Bound in printed paper wrappers, as issued.
Book advertisements on end papers.
By Luke Limner [i.e. John Leighton].
Cover title reads: The royal picture alphabet of humour and droll moral tales, or, Words & their meanings illustrated.
Paper wrappers designed by John Leighton.
Date from Pantazzi.
Pantazzi, S. "John Leighton." C̲o̲n̲n̲o̲i̲s̲s̲e̲u̲r̲ (April 1963), p. 273
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 146
- Subject Terms:
- Alphabet rhymes.Children's poetry.Leighton, John, 1822-1912, binding designer.Ward and Lock -- Publisher.
- Chromoxylographs -- .
Wood engravings -- .
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.