Ogilby's and Morgan's Pocket-book of the roads : with their computed and measured distances, and the distinction of market and post towns : also a table for the ready finding any road, city, or market-town, and its distance from London : a sheet-map of England, fitted to bind with the book : and an exact account of all the fairs, both fixed and movable, in alphabetical order, shewing the days on which they are held / by William Morgan ...
- The eleventh edition, corrected and improved ...
- London : Printed for J. Brotherton, W. Meadows, R. Ware [and 6 others], 1752.
- Physical Description:
- , 17-166 p.,  folded leaf of plates : map ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1808 O54 1752Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Map engraved by Thomas Kitchin.
Eleventh impression of an abridgement of v.1 of the author's Britannia, first published in 1676 as Mr. Ogilby's Tables.
- Subject Terms:
- Astley, T. -- Publisher.Brotherton, J. -- Publisher.Buckland, J. -- Publisher.Cooper, M. -- Publisher.Cox, T. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1752.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Road maps.Hodges, J. -- Publisher.Meadows, W. -- Publisher.Rivington, J. and J. -- Publisher.Roads -- Great Britain.Ware, R. -- Publisher.Wynn, Charles -- Autograph, 1849.
YCBA Collections Search
Ogilby, John, 1600-1676, Ogilby's and Morgan's Pocket-book of the roads , 1752
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.