Ogilby, John, 1600-1676, Mr. Ogilby's Pocket book of roads , 1679
Mr. Ogilby's Pocket book of roads : with computed and measured distances and the distinction of market and post townes.
- The third impression, to which is added more roads and remarkable places omitted in the former, also a table for the ready, finding any road & the distance from London / by William Morgan ...
- London : Printed for the author and sold at his house next the Blew Boar in Ludgate Street ..., 1679.
- Physical Description:
- , 27 p.,  folded leaf of plates : map ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1808 O54 1679Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center copy has map laid in.
Third impression of an abridgement of v.1 of the author's Britannia, first published in 1676 as Mr. Ogilby's Tables.
Map was issued separately, but intended to be bound in.--cf. "Aduertisement" (p. )
Wing (2nd ed.) O177A
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Road maps.Ogilby, John -- Publisher.Roads -- Great Britain.
- Engravings -- 1679.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.