Faden, William, 1749-1836, Atlas minimus universalis, or, A geographical abridgement ancient and modern of the several parts of the earth , 1798
- Atlas minimus universalis, or, A geographical abridgement ancient and modern of the several parts of the earth : in fifty-five maps composed principally for the use of schools, &c.
- London : Wm. Faden ..., 1798.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (, 55 leaves) : 55 col. maps ; 16 x 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1015 F32 1798Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Scale differs.
- Maps are hand-colored.
Maps engraved by Thomas Conder, Hatchett, Thomas Foot, William Palmer, and Benjamin Baker.
Maps dated 1798, except no. 20, "France divided into one hundred and four departments," dated 1804. Table of contents calls for "France divided into 83 departments."
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1798.Faden, William, 1749-1836. -- Publisher.Geography -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.