IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, Dilecta , 1900
Dilecta : correspondence, diary notes, and extracts from books, illustrating Præterita / arranged by John Ruskin.
- Orpington [Kent] : George Allen, 1900.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. in 2 (vi, 171 p.) : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5263 A32 1900 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5263 A32 1900 Copy 2View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 1 is a large paper copy and is cased with copy 3 of Præterita / by John Ruskin. Orpington, Kent : George Allen, 1886-1900 (PR5263+A3 1886).
Copy 2 is octavo sized & only parts 1-2.
BEIN 2000 +187: Large paper copy. Front wrapper wanting from Parts I & II; Pt. III has original wrappers. Bound in at end of Pt. III are title pages for v.3 and for vols. 1-2 (2nd ed.) of Praeterita; also its preface and the half titles and tables of contents for all three vols.
Parts 1-2 originally issued in octavo: Sunnyside, Orpington, Kent : G. Allen, 1886-1887. cf. Wise.
Colophon reads: Printed by Ballantyne, Hanson & Co., Edinburgh & London.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 260
- Subject Terms:
- Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. -- Publisher.Hazell, Watson & Viney -- Printer.Ruskin, John, 1819-1900. Præterita.
- Wood engravings -- 1886-1887.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.