The stones of Venice / by John Ruskin ... ; with illustrations drawn by the author.
- Fourth edition.
- Orpington, Kent : George Allen, 1886.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA1121 V4 R87 1886+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by G. Rosenthal, R.P. Cuff, Thomas Shotter Boys, George Allen, James Charles Armytage, John Henry Le Keux, and Thomas Goff Lupton; after John Ruskin.
Lithographs printed by Hanhart.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 298
- Subject Terms:
- Allen, George -- Publisher.Architecture -- Italy -- Venice.Art -- Italy -- Venice.Hanhart -- Printer.Hazell, Watson, & Viney -- Printer.Hodgkin, Catharine -- Bookplate.Hodgkin, Thomas Edward, 1828-1897 -- Bookplate.Hodgkin, Thomas Edward, 1828-1897 -- Prize award from Trinity College, Cambridge University, 1891.
- Mezzotints -- 1886.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1886.
Steel engravings -- 1886.
Wood engravings -- 1886.
- v.1. The foundations
- v.2. The sea-stories
- v.3. The fall
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.