Lectures on landscape / delivered at Oxford in Lent term, 1871, by John Ruskin.
- Orpington [Kent] ; George Allen, 1897.
London : George Allen, 1897.
- Physical Description:
- 84 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 165Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Limited edition of 150 copies.
This copy is no. .
Plates engraved by Thomas Goff Lupton, Walter L. Colls, John Ruskin, James Charles Armytage, and McLagan & Cumming; after J.M.W. Turner, John Ruskin, Joshua Reynolds, and Edward Burne-Jones.
"These lectures ... were given at Oxford on January 20, February 9, and February 23, 1871. They were not public lectures ... but addressed only to under-graduates."--Prefatory note.
Preface signed: W.G.C. [i.e. W.G. Collingwood]
- Subject Terms:
- Allen, George -- Publisher.Ballantyne, Hanson & Co. -- Printer.Landscape painting.
- Chromolithographs -- 1897.
Mezzotints -- 1897.
Steel engravings -- 1897.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.