IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Ripley, Thomas, -1758, The plans, elevations, and sections, chimney-pieces, and cielings [sic] of Houghton in Norfolk : built by Sr. Robert Walpole ... Earl of Orford &c. , 1760
The plans, elevations, and sections, chimney-pieces, and cielings [sic] of Houghton in Norfolk : built by Sr. Robert Walpole ... Earl of Orford &c. / the whole designed by Thomas Ripley ... ; delinated by Isaac Ware and William Kent ... ; and engrav'd by ... Mr. Fourdrinier , with a description of the house and of the elegant collection of pictures.
- London : Sold by C. Fourdrinier ..., Mr. Lewis ..., Messrs. Piers and Webley ..., 1760.
- Physical Description:
- , 10 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 50 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 164View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Plates by Pierre Fourdrinier after Isaac Ware, Thomas Ripley and William Kent.
The "description" (text of which is in double columns) is taken from Ædes Walpolianæ / by Horace Walpole.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1760.Fourdrinier, C. -- Publisher.Houghton Hall (England)Lewis, Mr. -- Publisher.Piers & Webley Messrs. -- Publisher.Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.