Collins's Peerage of England , 1812
- Collins's Peerage of England : genealogical, biographical, and historical / greatly augmented, and continued to the preent time, by Sir Egerton Brydges ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Peerage of England
- London : Printed for F.C. and J. Rivington, Otridge and Son, J. Nichols and Co. [and 26 others], 1812.
- Physical Description:
- 9 v. : coats of arms ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS421 C6 1812Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1998 1273: Bookplate: Frederick Whiley Hilles. Ms. note by Hilles on p. 68, v. 6. Autograph of A.H. Unwin in v. 1, 5, 8, and 9.
BEIN Osborn pd273: Armorial bookplate in v.1: Captain Thomas Vernon Booth-Jones of Hale Park, Hampshire.
BEIN Osborn pd273: Accompanied by typescript "Index to the Peerage of England by Arthur Collins, Esq., fourth edition in seven volumes. 1768 ... Compiled by R.C.G. (1946)" in case marked as v.10.
- v.1. Contains the blood royal, and part of the dukes -- v.2. Contains the rest of the dukes, and all the marquises -- v.3. Contains the earls to the termination of the seventeenth century -- v.4. Contains the earls from the commencement of the eighteenth century to the death of George II -- v.5. Contains the earls from the accession of George III -- v.6. Contains all the viscounts and those barons whose honours existed prior to the death of Queen Elizabeth -- v.7. Contains the barons from the accession of King James I to the termination of the Coalition Ministry in 1783 -- v.8. Contains the barons from the commencement of Mr. Pitt's ministry 1784, to the termination of the eighteenth century -- v.9. Contains the barons from the commencement of the nineteenth century and the Union of Ireland and also a short extinct peerage from the accession of King Henry VII with an account of peerage claims.
- Subject Terms:
- Bensley, T. -- Printer.Booth-Jones, Thomas Vernon -- Bookplate.Collins's peerage of England -- Indexes.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Bookplate.Nichols, J. and Co. -- Publisher.Nobility -- Great Britain.Otridge and Son -- Publisher.Rivington, F. C. and J. -- Publisher.Unwin, A. H. -- Autograph.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Wood engravings -- 1812.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.