The use of the globes, or, The general doctrine of the sphere : explaining and demonstrating the most natural propositions relating to astronomy, geography and dialing : to which is added A synopsis of the doctrine of eclipses ... / by Thomas Wright
- Additional Title(s):
Use of the globes
General doctrine of the sphere
- London : Printed for John Senex, over-against St. Dunstan's Church in Fleet-Street, MDCCXL 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 162,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG3160 W77 1740View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 2018 542: Advertisement of p.  at end. From the library of Stephen F. Gates.
BEIR G3160 W75 (LC): Ownership inscription of John Williams Streeter, Stonington, August 1946. Unidentified bookplate.
BEIR WA 19201: 19 cm. Imperfect: Pages 161-162 and [1-2] at end wanting; all plates except that following page 40 wanting.
BACRB G3160 W77 1740: "Catalogue of globes, maps, &c. made by the late John Senex": 8 p. at end.
Signatures: A² B-L⁸ M².
Errata:  p. at end.
English short title catalogue, T109383
Lalande, J. J. Le F. de. Bibliographie astronomique, page 413
Gates, S.F. Catalog of a collection of globes and books on the use of globes, spanning the years 1600-1900, page 60
- Subject Terms:
- Eclipses -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1740.Gates, Stephen F. -- Ownership.Globes -- Early works to 1800.Streeter, John Williams, 1908-1988 -- Autograph.
YCBA Collections Search
Wright, Thomas, 1711-1786, The use of the globes, or, The general doctrine of the sphere , MDCCXL 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.