Taylor, George (Geographer), active 1778, Taylor and Skinner's Maps of the roads of Ireland, surveyed 1777, 1778
Taylor and Skinner's Maps of the roads of Ireland, surveyed 1777.
- [London] : Published for the authors ..., sold by G. Nicol, Strand, I. Murray, Fleet-Street, London, and by W. Wilson, No. 6, Dame-Street, Dublin, 1778.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (xvi, 288, 16 p.,  folded leaf of plates) : maps ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1831 P2 T3 1778Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Scale [ca. l:126,720].
- Title page, p. iv, & maps engraved by Garnet Terry; dedication page (p. iii) engraved by C. Downes.
"A new & accurate map of the kingdom of Ireland," by Taylor & Skinner: folded map inserted.
"Subscribers": 16 p. at end.
Maps are in columns.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1778.Ireland -- Road maps -- Early works to 1800.Murray, I. -- Publisher.Nicol, G. -- Publisher.Real property -- Ireland -- Maps.Roads -- Ireland.Wilson, W. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.