A collection of engraved portraits; catalogued and exhibited by James Anderson Rose, at the opening of the new library and museum of the Corporation of London, November, 1872. With a preface on engraving, and on the best mode of arranging a collection of prints or engraved portraits. Illustrated by a portrait of Mrs. Susanna Rose, engraved by C. G. Lewis, from the original picture by Frederick Sandys; and one hundred portraits produced in permanent photography.
- London, M. Ward and Co., 1874.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p. l., -4, [v]-xvi, 172 p. front., 101 port. 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7592 R6 1874 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- The portraits are mounted photographs.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Private collections.Portraits -- Catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
Rose, James Anderson, 1819-1890, A collection of engraved portraits;, 1874