Taylor, George (Geographer), active 1778, Taylor & Skinner's Survey and maps of the roads of North Britain or Scotland , 1776
- Taylor & Skinner's Survey and maps of the roads of North Britain or Scotland / George Taylor, Andrew Skinner.
- London : Published for the authors ... & sold by D. Wilson & G. Nicol ..., Jas. Phillips ..., Andw. Dury ... & T. Durham ..., 1776.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (, 61 p., 1 folded leaf of plates) : 62 maps ; 22 x 53 cm. folded to 22 x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1826 P2 T3 1776Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Scale [ca. 1:75,000]
- Maps engraved by John Barber, Thomas Bowen, J. Flyn, John Luffman, J. Prockter, Stephen Pyle, John Roberts, Isaac Taylor, and Garnet Terry.
Survey made 1775.
Dedicated: To his Grace John Duke of Argyll, Commander in Chief of his Majestys forces in North Britain, &c. &c. &c. This work is most humbly inscribed by his grace's most obliged & very humble servants, George Taylor, Andrew Skinner.
Pages are folded and bound as pocket atlas.
Inserted: A general map of the roads of Scotland / Taylor and Skinner. 1 folded map (35 x 32 cm.)
Includes an index of the cities, towns, and villages and their distance from Edinburgh, the cross roads, and a list of the stages on the Great Road.
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- Scotland -- Maps.Durham, T. -- Publisher.Dury, Andren -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1776.Nicol, G. -- Publisher.Phillips, James -- Publisher.Real property -- Scotland -- Maps.Roads -- Scotland.Scotland -- Road maps -- Early works to 1800.Wilson, D. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.