A new system of geography : designed in a most plain and easy method ... : accommodated with new mapps of ... the whole world : with geographical tables explaining the divisions in each mapp / by John Seller ...
- [London] : [J. Seller] And are sold at his shop on the West-side of the Royal Exchange, .
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (, 112 [i.e. 110 p.],  leaves of plates : 51 maps ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG120 S44 1685Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Scales differ.
- BAC : Collation, as above, from NUC pre-56. This copy imperfect: p. 49-112 wanting and it has only 23 of 51 maps.
Engraved t.p. & maps are hand-colored.
British Art Center has another copy of just the 23 maps (text is wanting) bound with: Vade mecum, or, The necessary companion / John Playford. London : Printed by A.G. for Tho. Sawbridge, 1687. (HF5697 .V32 1687)
Added engraved t.p. reads: A new systeme of geography : reduced to a plain & easy method ...
One plate has a revolving attachment used "to find the hour of the day at any time in any part of the world."
Some maps are printed on double leaves.
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, S2477
- Subject Terms:
- Belton House (Lincolnshire) -- Bookplate.Geography -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1685.
YCBA Collections Search
Seller, John, active 1658-1698, A new system of geography , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.