IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Burford, Robert, 1791-1861, Description of a view of the holy city of Benares, and the sacred Ganges , 1840
Description of a view of the holy city of Benares, and the sacred Ganges : now exhibiting at the Panorama, Leicester Square / painted by the proprietor, Robert Burford, from drawings taken by Captain Robert Smith.
- London : Printed by T. Brettell ..., 1840.
- Physical Description:
- 12 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDP361 .B8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Bound with: Description of a view of the city of Madrid, and surrounding country : now exhibiting in the Panorama, Leicester Square / Robert Burford. London : Printed by J. & C. Adlard, 1826.
- Subject Terms:
- Brettell, T. -- Printer.Ganges River (India and Bangladesh)Panoramas.Vārānasi (Uttar Pradesh, India) -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.