A new and accurate description of all the direct and principal cross roads in Great Britain ... : the whole executed on a plan entirely new, and far preferable to that of any work of the kind extant / by Daniel Paterson, assistant to the quarter-master-general of His Majesty’s forces.
- Additional Title(s):
New and accurate description of all the direct and principal cross roads in Great Britain
- The third edition : corrected, and greatly improved, with additions.
- London : Printed for T. Carnan, at Number 65, in St. Paul's Church-Yard, MDCCLXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- viii, xxiii,  pages, 238 columns,  page,  folded leaf of plates : 1 map ; 18 cm (12mo)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA620 P278 1776View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Ede 776P: 20 cm. Imperfect: Map on folded leaf of plates and leaves A1-3 mounted on linen; leaf Q1 detached.
Edition statement precedes author statement on title page.
Map engraved by John Ellis.
Signatures: A⁴ a-c⁴ B-Q⁴.
English short title catalogue, T93582
Roscoe, S. John Newbery and his successors, 1740-1814, A399 (3)
- Subject Terms:
- Cities and towns -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1776.Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Distances, etc.Great Britain.Roads -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Roads -- Great Britain.Roads.Travel.
- Early works.
- (from t. p.) I. An alphabetical list of all the cities, towns, and remarkable villages in England and Wales, with their market-days, and counties they are situated in
- II. The direct roads from London to all the cities, borough, market, and sea port towns in England and Wales, shewing the distance from each city, town, or village to the next on the same road, with their distance from London, and an account of the remarkable seats that are situated near the road
- III. The cross roads of England and Wales
- IV. The direct and principal cross roads of Scotland
- V. The circuits of the judges in England.