Cary's Traveller's companion, or, A delineation of the turnpike roads of England and Wales : shewing the immediate route to every market and borough town throughout the kingdom, laid down from the best authorities on a new set of county maps : to which is added an alphabetical list of all the market towns with the days on which they are held.
- London : Printed for John Cary ..., 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (,  leaves (one folded),  p.) : 43 maps ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1810 C37 1819View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Scales differ.
- Bound with: Cary's New itinerary, or, An accurate delineation of the great roads, both direct and cross, throughout England and Wales, with many of the principal roads in Scotland / John Cary. London : Printed for J. Cary, 1819.
Maps engraved by John Cary and are hand-colored.
An abridgement of the author's English atlas.
- Subject Terms:
- Cary, John, approximately 1754-1835, -- Publisher.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1819.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Roads -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
Cary, John, approximately 1754-1835, Cary's Traveller's companion, or, A delineation of the turnpike roads of England and Wales , 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.