The history of Essex, from the earliest period to the present time : illustrated with accurate engravings of churches, monuments, ancient buildings, seals, portraits, autographs, etc. : with biographical notices of the most distinguished and remarkable natives ...
- London : Printed for the proprietors and sold by R.H. Kelham, Chelmsford, I. Keymer, Colchester, Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, & Brown ... and I. Booth ..., 1814 [i.e. 1817].
- Physical Description:
- , iv, 280 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., facsims., plan, ports ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 E7 O3 1817+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 E7 O3 1817+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates by and after John Ogbourne.
British Art Center has 2 copies.
Engraved t.p., with vignette.
Dedication signed: Elizabeth Ogborne.
"Published in 1817, though the title-page is dated 1814." - Dict. Nat. Biog.
"This work...is expected to be completed in about twenty parts, to form four volumes." - Upcott, v.1, p. 234. No more published.
- Subject Terms:
- Booth, J. -- Publisher.Essex (England) -- History.Kelham, R. H. -- Publisher.Keymer, J. -- Publisher.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme & Brown -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- .
Wood engravings -- .
- A slight sketch of the antiquities of Essex / by Thomas Leman
- Essex [divisions, etc.]
- Becontree Hurldred
- Royal Liberty of Havering
- Half Hundred of Waltham
- Hundred of Ongar