Atlas minor, or, A new and curious set of sixty two maps : in which are shewn all the empires, kingdoms, countries, states, in all the known parts of the earth : with their bounds, divisions, chief cities & towns, the whole composed and laid down agreeable to modern history / by Herman Moll ...
- London : Printed for Thos. Bowles in St. Pauls Church Yard & John Bowles at the Black Horse in Cornhill, [174-?].
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (, 62 leaves) : 62 maps ; 25 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 8Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Scales differ.
- Engraved throughout; title and imprint within ornamental border.
The maps are undated.
Address of John Bowles suggests a publication date of ca. 1740-ca. 1754 (from 1754 firm traded as John Bowles and Son).---cf. Dict. of printers and booksellers, 1726-1775 / H.R. Plomer.
Maps are hand-colored.
- Subject Terms:
- Bowles, John, 1701-1779 -- Publisher.Bowles, Thomas -- Publisher.Garrard, Louisa Doake -- Autograph, 1822.Geography -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- Hand-colored -- [174-?].
YCBA Collections Search
Moll, Herman, -1732, Atlas minor, or, A new and curious set of sixty two maps , [174-?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.