Gage, John, 1786-1842, The history and antiquities of Hengrave in Suffolk , 1822
- The history and antiquities of Hengrave in Suffolk / by John Gage ...
- London : Printed by J.F. Dove ..., published by James Carpenter ..., Joseph Booker ... and John Deck, Bury St. Edmunds, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 263 p. : ill., ports, plan, geneal. tables ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S9 G3 1822+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 S9 G3 1822+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- British Art Center has 2 copies.
Copy 1 has the bookplate of Henry Christopher Metcalfe and the pres. insc. from the author to Nicolas Harris Nicholas.
Copy 2 is a large paper copy (39 cm.) & has the bookplate of Joseph Neeld.
Plates by Henry Le Keux, James Basire, George Hollis, John Chessell Buckler, W.R. Smith, John Le Keux, Robert William Sievier, Robert Cooper, Edward Scriven, and Mrs. Dawson Turner [i.e. Mary Palgrave Turner]; after John Chessell Buckler, S.I. Allen, Robert Rushbrooke, John Le Keux, Hans Holbein, and Charles Jagger.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Deck, John -- Publisher.Dove, J. F. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1822.Etching -- Specimens -- 1822.Gage, John, 1786-1842 -- Pres. insc. to Nicholas Harris Nicolas.Hengrave (England) -- History.Metcalfe, Henry Christopher -- Bookplate, 1860.Neeld, Joseph, 1789-1856 -- Bookplate.Nicolas, Nicholas Harris, Sir, 1799-1848 -- Pres. insc. from John Gage.Suffolk (England) -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.