Whitaker, Thomas Dunham, 1759-1821, The history and antiquities of the deanery of Craven, in the county of York, 1805
The history and antiquities of the deanery of Craven, in the county of York.
- London : Printed by Nichols and Son ..., and sold by T. Payne ..., J. White ..., Hatchard ..., and Edwards ..., 1805.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 437, [i.e. 439], 16 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. (some col.), facsims., geneal. tables, ports. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670 C88 W5 1805+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 364
British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Plates engraved by W. Maddocks, James Basire, Samuel Alken, and Barak Longmate; after William D. Fryer, Thomas Lister, J. Griffith, R. Heber, J. Smith, and J.C.D.
Pages 253*-254* inserted before p. 253-254 respectively.
Wanting 1 plate, Clithroe castle ("omitted in all the copies which the editor has examined." cf. Upcott)
Upcott, W. English topography, p. 1394
- Subject Terms:
- Craven (England) -- History.Darby, Francis, 1783-1850 -- Stamp.Edwards -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1805.Hatchard -- Publisher.Nichols and Son -- Publisher.Oliver, Edmund Ward -- Bookplate.Payne, T. -- Publisher.White, J. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1805.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.