A series of adventures in the course of a voyage up the Red-Sea, on the coasts of Arabia and Egypt : and of a route through the desarts [sic] of Thebais, hitherto unknown to the European traveller, in the year M.DCC.LXXVII : in letters to a lady / by Eyles Irwin ... ; illustrated with maps and cuts ...
- The second edition.
- London : Printed for J. Dodsley ..., 1780.
- Physical Description:
- xv, , 400 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT51 I78 1780Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatints by Richard Cooper; after Eyles Irwin. Other plates unsigned.
- Subject Terms:
- Arabian Peninsula -- Description and travel.Davies, Thomas Henry Hastings, 1789-1846 -- Bookplate.Dodsley, J. -- Publisher.Egypt -- Description and travel.Etching -- Specimens -- 1780.Voyages and travels.
- Aquatints -- 1780.
YCBA Collections Search
Irwin, Eyles, 1751?-1817, A series of adventures in the course of a voyage up the Red-Sea, on the coasts of Arabia and Egypt , 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.