A survey of the cities of London and Westminster, and the borough of Southwark : containing the original, antiquity, increase, present state and government of those cities : written at first in the year 1698 [i.e. 1598] / by John Stow ... ; corrected, improved, and very much enlarged, in the year 1720, by John Strype ..., the survey and history brought down to the present time ... ; the life of the author, written by Mr. Strype is prefixed ... added, an appendix of certain tracts, discourses, and remarks on the state of the city of London ...
- The sixth edition.
- London : Printed for W. Innys and J. Richardson, J. and P. Knapton [and 10 others], 1754-1755.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., maps, plans ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 73View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center copy imperfect: ill., maps, & plan are wanting.
Title in red and black.
- Subject Terms:
- Innys, W. -- Publisher.Knapton, J. and P. -- Publisher.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History -- 16th century.London (England) -- History -- 17th century.London (England) -- History -- 18th century.Peachy, William, of Gosport -- Bookplate (BEIN 1976 Folio 7)Richardson, J. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Stow, John, 1525?-1605, A survey of the cities of London and Westminster, and the borough of Southwark , 1754-1755
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.