A collection of plans of the principal cities of Great Britain and Ireland : with maps of the coast of the said kingdoms / drawn from the most accurate surveys ; in particular, those taken by the late Mr. J. Rocque ...
- London : Printed and sold by A. Dury, in Dukes Court, St. Martin's Lane, .
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (, ,  leaves) : 22 maps, 18 plans (some folded) ; 13 x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG1808 C64 1764View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Scales differ.
- Some maps and plans by John Cheevers, John Ellis, and [William?] Palmer.
Date from Smith & NUC pre-56.
Designed as a second volume to Andrew Dury's A new general and universal atlas. London, 1761.
Plans and maps are hand-colored.
Smith, D. Antique maps of the British Isles, p. 136-137
- Subject Terms:
- Chron. -- .Dury, Andrew -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- .Great Britain -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Ireland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Ireland -- Description and travel.
- Atlases -- England -- London -- 1764.
YCBA Collections Search
A collection of plans of the principal cities of Great Britain and Ireland , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.