Old and new London : a narrative of its history, its people, and its places / by Walter Thornbury.
- London ; Cassell, Petter, and Galpin, [1873-1878]
New York : Cassell, Petter, and Galpin, [1873-1878]
- Physical Description:
- 6 v. : ill., ports., plans ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 T57 1873+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA683 T57 1873+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound in 19 vols. and is extra-illustrated with hundreds of newspaper and magazine clippings and illustrations, pamphlets, prospectuses, and some prints. Copy 2 is bound in 6 v. Imperfect: 2 folded maps in pocket wanting.
Plates engraved by J. Burand, Frederick William Quartley, William Henry Prior, William Harcourt Hooper, Richard Samuel Marriott, W. Biscombe Gardner, Cutts & Harrison, Joseph Swain, E.J. Harty, John Walmsley, Benjamin Fleming, R.T. Powney, Frederick Staples, Alfred Thomas Elwes, Frederick Wentworth, G.T. Lames, R.C. West, John Greenaway, Morris & Lowe Whitehead, William Forrest, William Luson Thomas, Roberts, Richard and Edward Taylor, D. Hollar, William James Welch, and Charles James Bromley; after William Henry Prior, Joseph Swain, Frederick Wentworth, William W. Temple, P. William Justyne, C.T. James, Benjamin Fleming, Frederick Watkins, H. Briscoe, Ulman, Pearson, A.H.W. (i.e. Albert Henry Warren), John Greenaway, William Forrest, Roberts, Richard Pettigrew Leitch, William Henry James Boot, T. Sulman, and H. Peinerick.
Vols. 1-2 are by Walter Thornbury, v. 3-6 by Edward Walford.
- Subject Terms:
- Cassell, Petter & Galpin -- Publisher.London (England) -- Description and travel.London (England) -- History -- 1800-1950.London (England) -- Suburbs and environs.
- Wood engravings -- 1872-1878.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
- v. 1-2. [The city ancient and modern]
- v. 3-4. Westminster and the western suburbs.
- v. 5. The western and northern suburbs.
- v. 6. The southern suburbs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.