Warton, Thomas, 1728-1790, The Winchester guide, or, A description of the antiquities and curiosities of the ancient city, 1780
The Winchester guide, or, A description of the antiquities and curiosities of the ancient city.
- A new edition.
- Winton : Printed and sold by J. Wilkes, 1780.
- Physical Description:
- , 115,  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., port. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 W67 W3 1780View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : This copy imperfect: 3 plates are wanting.
This copy is stitched.
Authorship assigned to Thomas Warton by Halkett and Laing. First published with title: A description of the city, college, and cathedral of Winchester. London : R. Baldwin, 1750.
Running title: The history of Winchester.
Plates by Isaac Taylor; after W. Cave.
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous English literature (1926-62 edition), VI:238.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1780.Wilkes, J. -- Printer.Winchester (England) -- Antiquities.Winchester (England) -- History.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.