A supplement to the four volumes of the Peerage of England : containing a succession of the peers from 1740 : with accounts of those that have been promoted to higher titles, and a genealogical history of all the families since advanced to the peerage of this kingdom ... : also their paternal coats of arms, crests, and supporters, curiously engraven on copper plates : collected from records, authentick manuscripts, our most approved historians, and other authorities ... / by Arthur Collins ...
- London : Printed for W. Innys, J. and P. Knapton, S. Birt, [and 4 others], 1750.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (viii, 820 p.) : coats of arms ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS421 C6 1741 Suppl.Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Supplement to the second ed. of Collins's Peerage of England, published in 1741.
- Subject Terms:
- Birt, S. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1750.Heraldry -- Great Britain.Innys, W. -- Publisher.Knapton, J. and P. -- Publisher.Nobility -- Great Britain.Streatfeild family -- Bookplate.Waldegrave, William Frederick Waldegrave, Earl, 1851-1930 -- Bookplate.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
Collins, Arthur, 1682?-1760, A supplement to the four volumes of the Peerage of England , 1750
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.