A summary of Mr. Rapin de Thoyras's History of England and Mr. Tindal's Continuation : from the invasion of Julius Caesar to the end of the reign of King George I : illustrated with medals, plans of battles, towns, and sieges.
- The second edition.
- London : Printed for John and Paul Knapton ..., 1751.
- Physical Description:
- , 274, iv, 40, 22 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., maps, plans, ports. ; 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 76View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title vignette engraved by Charles Grignion; after Hubert François Gravelot.
Plates engraved by J. Mynde and James Basire.
T.p. printed in red and black.
Most of the plates are double plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1751.Great Britain -- History.Knapton, John and Paul -- Publisher.Sebright, John Saunders, Sir, 1767-1846 -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
Rapin de Thoyras, M. (Paul), 1661-1725, A summary of Mr. Rapin de Thoyras's History of England and Mr. Tindal's Continuation , 1751
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.