Ruskin, John, 1819-1900, The Scythian grave ; Remembrance ; Christ Church, Oxford
- The Scythian grave ; Remembrance ; Christ Church, Oxford.
- Physical Description:
- p. 116-120, 287-288 ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5261 S3 1838Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates in this volume engraved by Frederick Bacon, John William Cook, Robert Staines, Henry Cook, James Charles Armytage, J. C. Edwards, Henry Rolls, Augustus Fox, and William Henry Simmons; after Alfred Edward Chalon, Henry Corbould, Henry James Richter, John Wood, Clarkson Stanfield, R. Hill, Fanny Corbaux, Joseph John Jenkins, T. Harper, and Thomas Musgrave Joy.
Bound in blind-stamped maroon publisher's leather.
I̲n̲ Friendship's offering and winter's wreath. -- (1838)
These 3 poems reprinted later in Poems (1850), p. 46-52; and in The poems of John Ruskin (1891), v.2, p. 61-67.
Wise, T.J. Ruskin, 389, 390, 391
- Subject Terms:
- Gift books -- Specimens.Lloyd, Florine -- Pres. insc. to Mrs. Weller.Smith, Elder and Co. -- Publisher.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1838.Stewart and Co. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.