Packe, Christopher, 1686-1749, Ankographia, sive, Convallium descriptio , 1743
- Ankographia, sive, Convallium descriptio : in which are briefly but fully expounded the origin, course and insertion, extent, elevation and congruity of all the valleys and hills, brooks and rivers (as an explanation of A new philosophico-chorographical chart) of East-Kent : occasionally are interspersed some transient remarks that relate to the natural history of the country, and to the military marks and signs of Cæsar's rout thro it, to his decisive battle in Kent ... / by Christopher Packe, M.D.
- Canterbury : Printed and sold by J. Abree, for the author, 1743.
- Physical Description:
- , 110,  p. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG5753 K4 P3 1743+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- See p. 109 ("Postscript") for author's discussion of the difficulties of printing his map in more than one color.
Bound with: A dissertation upon the surface of the earth, as delineated in a specimen of a philosophico-chorographical chart of East-Kent / Christopher Packe. Canterbury : J. Roberts, 1737.
Cased with the map: A new philosophico chorographical chart of East-Kent / Christopher Packe. [S.l.] : C. Packe, 1743.
Extra copy of the t.p. has been bound in at front.
This copy belonged to Sir Richard Colt Hoare and was sold at the Stourhead House library auction Aug. 3, 1883 (lot no. 1094).
Errata: p. .
Publisher's advertisement: p. .
First word of title romanized from Greek.
To accompany: A new philosophico chorographical chart of East-Kent / invented and delineated by Christopher Packe. [S.l.] : C. Packe, 1743. 1 map : mounted on linen ; 122 x 140 cm., folded to 21 x 24 cm.
- Subject Terms:
- Cock, F. William -- Bookplate.Earth -- Surface.Geography -- England -- Kent -- 17th-18th centuries.Hoare, Richard Colt, Sir, 1758-1838 -- Provenance.Kent (England) -- Description and travel.Physical geography -- England -- Kent.Stourhead (England). Library.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.