Barrell, John, The political theory of painting from Reynolds to Hazlitt, 1986
- The political theory of painting from Reynolds to Hazlitt 'the body of the public' / John Barrell.
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 366 p. : 26 ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryND466 B31 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes index.
Bibliographical references included in "Notes": p. -361.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Political aspects.Art and society -- Great Britain.Painting -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 17th century -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 18th century -- Great Britain.Painting, Modern -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Politics and culture -- Great Britain.Politics in art.