The antiquarian repertory : a miscellany intended to preserve and illustrate several valuable remains of old times : adorned with elegant sculptures.
- London : Printed for the proprietors, and sold by Francis Blyth, No. 87, Cornhill; and T. Evans, No. 54, Paternoster Row, 1775-1784.
- Physical Description:
- 4 volumes : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA90 . A63 1775+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA90 . A63 1775+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Plates engraved by Richard Bernard Godfrey, John Ellis, Edmund Scott and William Stukeley; after Richard Bernard Godfrey, Thomas Sandby, William Marlow, Paul Sandby, Sir Peter Lely, Wenceslaus Hollar, Bulfinch, Wyck, Mary Beale, John Bailey, Moses Griffith, William Ellis, William Stukeley, and Walker.
Imprint varies slightly. Vols. 2-4 read: London : Printed for the proprietors, and sold by F. Blyth, No. 2, Queen's-Head-Passage, Pater-noster-Row : J. Sewell, No. 32, Cornhill : and T. Evans, No. 32, Pater-noster-Row.
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in contemporary half calf with marbled boards. Bookplate: Rupert Gunnis.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in later tan cloth. Ink stamp: Astle Library.
- Subject Terms:
- Astle Library -- Stamp.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1774-1784.Etching -- Specimens -- 1774-1784.Great Britain -- Antiquities.Great Britain -- History.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.