IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Hackmann, Willem Dirk, Apples to atoms , 1986
Apples to atoms : portraits of scientists from Newton to Rutherford / W.D. Hackmann ; introduction by Roy Porter.
- London : National Portrait Gallery, 1986.
- Physical Description:
- 87 p. : ports. (some col.) ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7598 H22 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Published for the exhibition held at the Science Museum, London, 16 Sept. - 12 October, 1986 and at three other British museums through April 26, 1987.
Exhibition organized by John Hayes.
Bibliography: p. 87.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Biography -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.Portraits, British -- Exhibitions.Scientists -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Exhibitions.Scientists -- Great Britain -- Portraits -- Exhibitions.