The country house described : an index to the country houses of Great Britain and Ireland / Michael Holmes.
- Winchester : St. Paul's Bibliographies, in association with Victoria & Albert Museum, 1986.
Bury St. Edmunds : St. Edmundsbury Press
- Physical Description:
- viii, 328 pages : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryZ2021 H49 H65 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 .H84 1986+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy is in original printed book jacket.
"The aim of this index is to provide a quick reference to the literature on individual country houses in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland, held in the National Art Library at the Victoria and Albert Museum. Over 4,000 country houses are included. The contents of 135 general books on architecture, architectural details and county histories have been indexed, as well as guides to individual country houses, catalogues of collections and sales catalogues. Only a few periodicals, apart from Country Life up to 1982, have been included."--Introduction.
- Subject Terms:
- Country homes -- Great Britain -- Bibliography.Country homes -- Great Britain -- Indexes.Country homes -- Ireland -- Bibliography.Country homes -- Ireland -- Indexes.Manors -- Great Britain -- Indexes.Manors -- Ireland -- Indexes.
- List of books indexed
- Country houses of England and Wales
- Country houses of Ireland
- Country houses of Scotland
- Select bibliography.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.