Grove-Hill : a descriptive poem, with An ode to Mithra / by the author of Indian antiquities ; the engravings on wood by J. Anderson, from drawings by G. Samuel.
- London : Printed by T. Bensley, for John and Arthur Arch, Gracechurch-Street, and J. Wright, Piccadilly, 1799.
- Physical Description:
- , 76 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4988.M45 G7 1799+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4988.M45 G7 1799+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Author of Indian antiquities = Thomas Maurice.
With a half-title.
Engraved vignette on title page.
BEIR Im M446 +799 Copy 1: No. 1 of 2 titles bound together.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in contemporary gilt-tooled calf; rebacked.
- Subject Terms:
- Arch, J. and A. -- Publisher.Astley family -- Bookplate.Bensley, T. -- Printer.Grinke, Paul -- Bookplate.Wright, J. -- Publisher.
Wood engravings -- England -- 1799.
Wood engravings -- 1799.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.