Rocque, John, -1762, A new and accurate survey of the cities of London and Westminster, the borough of Southwark , 1751
- A new and accurate survey of the cities of London and Westminster, the borough of Southwark : with the country about it for nineteen miles in length and thirteen in depth... / by John Rocque ... = Urbium maxime insignium Londini et Westmonasterii nec non municipii Sudovercencis, regionumque ad decem quasi milliaria circumjacentium ... / a Johanne Rocque ... = Carte topographique des villes de Londres, Westminster, et bourg de Southwark et des leurs environs contenant l'espace de dixneuf miles en longeur et de trieze en largeur... / par Jean Rocque...
- London : Sold by the proprietor, John Rocque, next the Barr, in Southampton-Street, Covent Garden : 1751.
- Physical Description:
- 1 atlas (,  leaves) : maps ; 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 13Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A G 11Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:100,000].
- BAC: British Art Center Folio A G 11 copy is bound with: Plan of the cities of London and Westminster and boough of Southwark. London, 1746. The Folio A G 13 copy is bound with A plan of London on the same scale as that of Paris / John Rocque. London, 1754.
T.p. printed in red and black.
Except for presence of t.p. & list of subscribers, this is identical to Rocque's 16-sheet map published in 1746 under title: An exact survey of the city's of London, Westminster, ye borough of Southwark and the country near ten miles round : began in 1741 & ended in 1745.
Engraved by Richard Parr.
Relief shown by hachures and land form drawings.
Howgego, J. Printed maps of the British Isles, 94 (6)
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.London Region (England) -- Maps -- Early works to 1800.Rocque, John, -1762 -- Provenance.
- Etchings -- 1751.
Engravings -- 1751.
Maps -- England -- London -- 1751.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.